This year Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct preliminary civil services examination on 28th May 2023. These exams are conducted to recruit not just the IAS, IFS, or IPS officers but several other group “A” civil service officers in accounts, law, defense, railways, revenue, and other important departments. We have provided the complete list of all posts at the bottom of this post.
The total number of posts available this year are 1105. A large portion of these posts are reserved for EWS, persons with disabilities, SC, ST, OBC, and several other category candidates.
Last Date for Submitting Application
If you want to appear in this examination, then you must apply for it online from 01 February to 21 February 2023, till 6:00 P.M.
Before applying, you should read the entire 150+ page notification to check your eligibility, syllabus, exam centers, and more. To give you an idea, here are the major eligibility factors:
Minimum Education: Graduate from a recognized university.
Age Limit: 21 years to 32 years as on 1st of August of year 2023 (Age relaxation is given to SC/ST/OBC/PwBD and a few other candidates.)
Number of Attempts Allowed
Open Merit: 06
Persons with disabilities: 09
Fee for Open Merit, OBC, & EWS Candidates: Rs. 100/-
Females /SC/ST/ and Persons with Benchmark Disability are exempted from payment of fee.
How to Apply
- Visit the website www.upsconline.nic.in
- Register yourself at One Time Registration (OTR) platform, available on the Commission’s website.
- Once you have registered yourself, you can submit your application online. If you have registered yourself in the past years, then you can simply proceed to submit your application. There is no need to register again for such candidates.
- Make Fee payment online using UPI, Debit Card, or internet banking.
- Fill in all the details carefully and upload supporting documents and passport size photograph.
- Double check the IAS Application Form and submit.
- Take a printout of confirmation and keep with yourself.
The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card 3 weeks before the commencement of the examination. No Admit Card will be sent by post. You will have to download it from the UPSC website.
Read the complete notification here: https://upsc.gov.in/sites/default/files/Notif-CSP-23-engl-010223.pdf
List of 21 posts for which this exam is being held this year in 2023
(1) Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
(2) Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
(3) Indian Police Service (IPS)
(4) Indian Information Service, Group ‘A’
(5) Indian Railway Protection Force Service, Group ‘A’
(6) Indian Railway Management Service, Group ‘A’
(7) Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
(8) Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
(9) Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
(10) Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Indirect Taxes) Group ‘A’
(11) Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service, Group ‘A’
(12) Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
(13) Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
(14) Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) Group ‘A’
(15) Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Grade III)
(16) Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
(17) Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
(18) Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli
Civil Service (DANICS), Group ‘B’
(19) Pondicherry Civil Service (PONDICS), Group ‘B’
(20) Pondicherry Police Service (PONDIPS), Group ‘B’
(21) Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli
Police Service (DANIPS), Group ‘B’