In India there are several students that could not continue their studies after 10th class due to family, economical, or other reasons. General thinking is that education till 10th class is not sufficient to get a government job or sarkari naukri. However, this is not true. There are several government job opportunities that 10th pass students can apply for. If you have done some kind of technical certificate course or typing/shorthand training, etcetera after 10th class, then it increases the range of jobs you can apply for.
Let’s now look at some of the best government jobs after 10th class:
1. Agniveer Soldier (General Duty)
Agniveer Soldier is one of the best govt jobs that a 10-pass candidate can apply for. The Agniveer Soldier (GD) is an entry-level post in the Indian Army. If selected, the candidate is appointed at the post of a Sepoy with salary starting of rupees 30,000.
25% of the Agniveers are selected for enrolment in the Regular Cadre and this is where the real benefit starts. The rest of the candidates get preference in recruitments of state police force and other similar jobs. They also get 11.71 lakh after four years.
Over time, if these candidates get timely promotions, they can rise up to the rank of Honorary Captain and draw salary up to 65,000 per month. However, not everyone is able to rise that far.
Other than salary, they also get benefits like free medical facility at Army hospitals and subsidized grocery, home appliances, vehicles, and more, through Army Canteens. Kids of Army Soldiers also get admission into Army Schools, and Air Force Schools thus saving money on education of kids.
Moreover, the main advantage of joining army is that it pays pension after retirement.
If the candidate wants to continue his studies after joining army, he can do that too. It can actually increase his chances of getting promoted and extending the job duration.
- Un-married candidates can apply for the Indian Army Soldier GD position after completing their 10th class.
- The age requirement is 17.5 to 23 years.
- The candidates need to have passed 10th class with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate and a minimum of 33 percent marks in each subject.
- Nationality: Indian, Nepal, Bhutan, or permanently settled Tibetans
- Physical Standards: 77 cm chest. The required height and weight can vary from location to location. For example, height requirement for Ladakhi candidates is only 158 cm but the same for candidates of Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, and few other states is 170 cm.
- You also have to pass medical and physical fitness tests, and an entrance exam to get selected as an Agniveer.
How to apply
- Visit Indian Army’s website https://joinindianarmy.nic.in and register yourself.
- Candidates will need Adhaar linked mobile and matriculation certificate to register.
- Watch the video instructions on the official website of Indian army on how to submit the application form online.
- Follow the instructions as given in the video tutorial. Upload documents, photographs and submit the form.
- Take a printout of confirmation and save it for reference.
2. Railway Apprentice
Railway apprenticeship is a popular government job after 10th class. Candidates can apply for various positions like fitter, electrician, welder, and more. Because this job is technical in nature, the candidates are required to have done a vocational training and possess a National Trade Certificate in the notified trade issued by the National Council for Vocational Training. This is in addition to passing the 10th class exam with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
There is no entrance test conducted for this job and the selection is based on the basis of marks obtained in class 10th and ITI marks.
- Age Limit: 15 to 24 years (Relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC, and 10 years for persons with disabilities)
- Education: 10th pass with at least 50% marks, and National Trade Certificate in the notified trade issued by National Council for Vocational Training or State Council for Vocational Training.
- Candidates should be in possession of Aadhaar Card.
How to Apply
- To apply for this job, wait for the notification from railways recruitment cell.
- When the recruitment is open, apply by going to the website https://rrccr.com.
- Register yourself using Adhaar card and fill up the application form.
- Upload color photograph and signature (Both of size 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm)
- Upload SSC/10th marksheet
- Upload consolidated mark sheet for all semesters of the trade in which applied / Provisional National Trade Certificate indicating marks.
- Upload National Trade Certificate or Provisional certificate.
- Pay 100 rupees fee online and submit the form.
- Take a printout of online application and keep with yourself for future reference.
3. Post Office Jobs
10th pass candidates can apply for various positions in the post office like Dak Sevak, Mail Guard, and Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS). However, for the postman job, the minimum qualification required is 12th pass. The selection for these posts is done on the basis of marks obtained in the academic qualifications. There is no entrance exam.
- Education: Passed class 10th with a minimum of 45% Marks and local language as one of the subjects.
- Age: 18 to 32 years for Mail Guard & MTS. 18 to 40 years for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak. Age relaxation is given to SC, ST, OBC, and PwD candidates.
How to Apply
- Visit the IndiaPost website www.indiapost.gov.in
- Go to the Recruitment Tab, or simply click here
- Click on the “Apply Online” link on the left sidebar.
- Fill up the application form, upload scanned copies of educational certificates, photograph, signature, and any other documents asked for.
- Deposit fee online (If applicable) and submit the application.
- Take a printout of the confirmation and save it for future reference.
4. Police Constable
State Police Constable is another government job that one can apply for after completing their 10th class. Some state governments reserve a part of seats available for Agniveers as they are well trained.
Starting salary of police constables ranges from 25,000 to 35,000 per month. Most of these constables get promoted in due course of time and can reach upto the rank of a sub-inspector.
- Education: 10th Pass
- Age: 18 to 28 years.
- Physical Standards: The candidates are required to meet certain standards specified by state police and may vary from state to state.
- Entrance Test: The candidates have to clear an Entrance Exam to get a chance to compete in physical endurance test.
How to Apply
The posts for constable rank are published by state police. So, keep a watch on the recruitment news and apply when such recruitment starts in your state. In the meantime, you can prepare for the exam and work on your ability to run.
5. BSF Head Constable or Constable GD
Candidates can apply for the Border Security Force (BSF) Constable position after completing their 10th class. If a candidate has done ITI/Vocational training, then they can even apply for the post of Head Constable in the field of radio operator, radio mechanic, stenographer, and others.
- Age: 18 to 23 for Constable and 18 to 25 for Head Constable.
- Education: 10th Pass for Constable. 10th plus two years Industrial Training Institute Certificate (ITI) in Radio and Television or, Electronics or, computer operator & Programming Assistant or, Data Preparation & Computer Software, General Electronics or, Data Entry Operator from a recognized Institute.
- Physical Standard: Candidates must meet the physical standards set by the BSF for recruitment. This includes eye sight, chest, height among other parameters.
- Physical Efficiency: The candidates are tested for physical efficiency by making them run, etc.
- Final selection is done based on Written Exam, Physical Standard Test (PST), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Trade Test & Medical Examination.
6. Tradesman Skilled (Indian Navy)
Candidates can apply for the Indian Navy Tradesman position after completing their 10th class. The minimum age requirement for this post is 18 years. The starting salary of Navy Tradesman is about ₹18000, with a pay range ranging from ₹18000 to ₹56900
Education: 10th pass with 55 to 60% marks and a Tradesman certificate from a recognized industrial training institute.
Age: 18 to 25 for General Category, 18 to 28 for OBC, and 18-30 for SC/ST. Persons with disabilities, sportsmen, and Ex-servicemen are also given relaxation in age limit.
Physical Standards: The physical fitness of the candidate would be measured as per the standards notified by the Indian Navy. They are tested for waist-hip ratio (WHR) and height-weight ratio.
To apply for this post, wait for the job notification from Indian Navy, and when they have come out with vacancies, then apply for it on their official website https://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in/
Eligible candidates are required to appear in the Tradesman Mate exam. Final selection is based on the basis of the entrance exam, physical and medical tests.
7. Multi Tasking Staff- Staff Selection Commission
The Staff Selection Commission, Government of India holds competitive exam for Multitasking Staff for which the minimum qualification required is 10th pass. This staff can be placed in various ministries, departments, offices of the Government of India, and various constitutional bodies, statutory bodies, tribunals, etc., in different States.
MTS staff gets Pay Level 1 which starts at Rs 18,000 and ends at Rs 56,900
- Education: 10th Pass
- Age: 18-25 years old. Age relaxation given to SC/ST is 5 years, OBC is 3 years, PwBD (Unreserved) is 10 years, and Ex-Servicemen is 3 years.
How to Apply
- Applications are to be submitted online at the website of SSC https://ssc.nic.in
- Candidates will need to register themself first. If someone has registered previously, they can simply login and proceed with application process.
- Upload the scanned colour passport size photograph not older than 3 months.
- Fill in all the information asked in the online application form.
- Pick three examination center choices.
- Pay 100 rupees Fee online. (Exempt for SC/ST, OBC, PwBD, & Ex-servicemen)
- Double check the application form and submit.
- Take a printout of the application form and keep for reference.
The selection process for MTS post includes Session-I and Session-II in Computer Based Examination. Session I will be checked first. If a candidate clears the session I exam, only then his session II answer sheet will be checked. Also, there will be separate state and category wise cut-off marks for Session II exam.
8. Havaldar SSC
Matric pass candidates can also apply for the job of Havaldar, the entrance exam for which is also conducted by Staff Selection Commission. Pay for this job remains the same, which starts at Rs 18,000 and ends at Rs 56,900. The eligibility and other procedure is the same for this post as above. The only difference is that for the post of Havaldar, the candidates have to go through additional Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and Physical Standard Test (PST).
For physical efficiency, male candidate has to walk 1600 meters in 15 minutes and women have to walk 1 km in 20 minutes.
For physical standard, male candidates must have the heigh of 157.5 cms, relaxable by 5 cms for Garhwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas, and ST candidates. Their expanded chest must measure 81 cms with minimum expansion of 5 cms. Female candidates must have height of 152 cm, relaxable by 5 cms for Garhwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas, and ST candidates. Also, they should weight of 48 Kgs, relaxable by 2 kgs for Garhwalis, Assamese, Gorkhas, and ST candidates.
9. Junior Clerk
Candidates can apply for the Junior Clerk position in various government organizations like courts, hospitals, and more.
It is important to note that the eligibility criteria and age limit may vary for each position, and candidates should check the official notification for detailed information. Typing, basic computer, and stenography knowledge is often helpful in getting the job of a junior clerk.
10. Security Guard
Candidates can apply for the Security Guard position in various government organizations like airports, railways, banks, RBI, and more. the eligibility criteria for this post can vary a little bit in different offices. However generally, the minimum qualification required is 10th pass with preference given to ex-servicemen with experience in handling arms, and ammunition. Maximum age allowed is 45 years.